Resources Available for Thaddeus Stevens’ Students
English and Math Labs –walk-in service- located at the corner of the LRC
English Lab – staffed by professional adjunct English tutors (Mr. Dan Glass and Mr. Philip Malin)
Math Lab – staffed by professional adjunct math tutors (Mrs. Barbara Starin and Mr. Chris Gojda)
Hours for Both Labs:
Monday – Thursday 8am-8pm
Friday 8am – 12 noon
Peer Tutors – on campus
Each program of study has Peer Tutors and/or Professional Tutors. See the portal for a list of tutors and availability. Ask your instructor for more information.
Peer Tutors hold hours at given posted times. Some are in the lab/shop area of your program and others are at designated locations on campus.
Tutoring Resources – Tutor.com - Online 24/7 – At no cost to students !
- Watch 3 Minute video demonstrating Tutor.com
- Go to www.tutor.com/stevenscollege
- Create an account
- Enter your Stevens email address as your username. (Note: You must use your Stevens email in order for the system to recognize you.)
- Tutor.com will email your stevens email account with a link to set up your password.
- Close the tutor.com page.
- Log on to your Stevens email.
- Click the link or copy and paste into your browser.
- Choose password and enter it.
- You should be logged in.
- Log out.
Computer Labs on Campus – with printers and internet connection
- Mellor 209
- Mellor 309
- Branch Campus – Ground Floor Computer Lab
- Programs of Study – Some have their own computer labs. Ask your instructor about hours available outside of class.
Most buildings on campus have free Wi Fi, including the dorms.
IT is located on the Lower Level of the Mellor Building. If you have any difficulty with your online account or accessing the portal, please stop by to see someone.
Reminder: Check your Email daily! This is how we communicate with you!
Regular Hours of Operation - See website and front door for holidays, break and summer schedules.
Monday – Thursday: 7am – 10pm
Friday: 7am – 5pm
Sunday: 2pm – 10pm
There is no book drop; library materials must be returned during hours the library is open.
One-on-one assistance is available. You are not bothering us – please ask!
Library Resources – Some circulate with Stevens ID; others in library use only; some available online.
- Books & Periodicals
- Educational Technical Materials
- Electronic Books
- Electronic Journals
- Electronic Databases
- Interlibrary Loan - Items can be requested online at the library’s web page, or by completing a paper
form available at the library.
Access the Library on our Website at: http://stevenscollege.edu/librarylrc
Additional information about the Library can be found in the College Handbook.
Computers and Related Equipment
- Computer lab in library
- Bring your own USB/Flash Drive to save files.
- Laptops available to borrow – See librarian to sign out a lap top
- Black & White Printers available - limited to 20 pages
- Color Printing – $1 per page
- Copier - per page fee using Stevens ID
- Fax – free if school related
- Wi Fi – free, but cannot print over Wi Fi
- Available for group study
- Used for some Peer Tutoring
The library staff welcomes you to the library!
Please stop by the library and introduce yourself!
We look forward to meeting you and helping you find the resources you need.